[GE users] distmake

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 17:29:54 GMT 2006

IMO, suspension+termination shouldn't be a big problem for normal
use... if distmake is killed by GE, then the remote slave tasks should
die off very quickly. However, if the compiler hangs, then it's a
different story :p

Note that a tighter integration is possible - if we use SGE mechanisms
to start up the bldserver daemon, then resource accounting and job
control are the same as any other tight PE integration.

To do this, we need:
1) make bldserver run as a normal user process...
2) find a way to start bldserver using qrsh, but ask bldserver not to
daemonize... (or otherwise qrsh/rshd would think that it's done and
kill the job?)

Rayson