[GE users] not understanding qconf's -*attr and -purge

John Saalwaechter johnsaalwaechter at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 16:54:25 GMT 2006

Daniel and Roland,

Thanks.  That did the trick.  Here's what is working
for me now to script changes to h_cpu:

$ qconf -sq all.normal.q | grep h_cpu
h_cpu                 02:00:00
$ qconf -aattr queue h_cpu 01:00:00
all.normal.q@@monkey
sgeadmin at xxx modified "all.normal.q" in cluster queue
list
$ qconf -sq all.normal.q | grep h_cpu
h_cpu                 02:00:00,[@monkey=01:00:00]
$ qconf -purge queue h_cpu all.normal.q@@monkey
$

>John,
>
>You may also want to check out my blog post on the
topic:

>http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/templedf?entry=understanding_purge
>
>Daniel
>
>Roland Dittel wrote On 03/20/06 09:09,:
>
>>John,
>>
>>your -purge command options are not correct. Please
use:

johnsaalwaechter at yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com