[GE users] How to clear internal hostname cache?

Kim Leng Goh kimleng.goh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:40:16 GMT 2006

Hi Andy,
  I do not have "127.0.0.1   localhost  compute-0-7.local" but:

[root at compute-0-7 root]# head -5 /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
172.18.36.248 frontend.foo.com
10.255.255.247  compute-0-7.local  compute-0-7

I changed the last line above to "10.255.255.247  compute-0-7" and
"qstat -f" still returns:

[root at compute-0-7 root]# qstat -f
denied: host "network-0-0.local" is neither submit nor admin host

Thanks,
KL