[GE users] How to clear internal hostname cache?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Mar 21 14:58:31 GMT 2006

Hi Kim Leng Goh:

Kim Leng Goh wrote:

> My problem is that SGE seems to think that my compute-0-7 node has the
> hostname "network-0-0.local" when in fact it isn't (which prompted me
> to think that this was in some cache somewhere or stored somewhere
> else):

This suggests that you are using Rocks.

In short, you need to use the remove or delete host argument to
insert-ethers.  Basically Rocks captures MAC addresses, and then
associates specific names and IPs with these MAC addresses.  This is
done in the database.  It is (sadly) easier to re-install the compute
node than it is to fix the databases.

Your steps to fix it

a) remove the host "insert-ethers --remove ..."  (look up the exact syntax)
b) remove the network-0-0.local (same way as above)
c) re-insert the host "insert-ethers --cabinet 0 --rank 7"
and select compute node.  Force the compute node to re-install.

and you should be done.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO