[GE users] Problem running on more tan one slave node.

Paul paul.peacock at mac.com
Tue Mar 21 16:23:16 GMT 2006

Hi,

Our sysadm configured gridengine for us to run on our 24 machine x86
cluster( 1 master and the other 23 configured as slaves).  Each machine
has 2 physical processors but thinks it has 4 (ie 4 virtual
processors).  When we submit our jobs using qsub, although we can
specify more than 4 processors, it will only run on 4.I.E. It looks
like one job per slave.  This of course nullifies having a cluster for
running calculations on more than one machine.

I am trying to find out which config files I need to change in order to
properly support our parallel environment.
Our sysadm ran the install_qmaster script and everything runs okay
apart from the fact that we are limited to one machine for each job.

Machine config: running suse smp 64 bit version.  1 Gb ethernet
backbone.

Any pointers on where to look would be much appreciated.

Apologies if I haven't provided the right information. Please let me
know what I need and I'll get the information to you asap.

Thanks,

Paul Peacock.