[GE users] How to clear internal hostname cache?

Kim Leng Goh kimleng.goh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 01:41:29 GMT 2006

Hi Joseph,
  Thanks for your response. I've actually did it before and it didn't
work. Take at look at the output:

On 3/21/06, Joe Landman <landman at scalableinformatics.com> wrote:
[...]
> This suggests that you are using Rocks.
>
> In short, you need to use the remove or delete host argument to
> insert-ethers.  Basically Rocks captures MAC addresses, and then
> associates specific names and IPs with these MAC addresses.  This is
> done in the database.  It is (sadly) easier to re-install the compute
> node than it is to fix the databases.
>
> Your steps to fix it
>
> a) remove the host "insert-ethers --remove ..."  (look up the exact syntax)
> b) remove the network-0-0.local (same way as above)
> c) re-insert the host "insert-ethers --cabinet 0 --rank 7"
> and select compute node.  Force the compute node to re-install.
>
> and you should be done.

[root at kirke root]# dbreport nodes
kirke.local
compute-0-0.local
compute-0-1.local
compute-0-2.local
compute-0-3.local
compute-0-4.local
compute-0-5.local
compute-0-6.local
compute-0-7.local

[root at frontend root]# insert-ethers --remove network-0-0
Could not find appliance (network-0-0) in database

[root at frontend root]# insert-ethers --remove network-0-0.local
Could not find appliance (network-0-0.local) in database

Thanks,
KL