[GE users] running sge jobs as user "nobody:

Jinal Jhaveri jajhaveri at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 22 02:19:16 GMT 2006

Hi All,

Has anybody successfully ran SGE jobs as user nobody? I am getting

"can't chdir to /nonexistent: No such file or directory"error.

It seems like qsub command is looking for the user's homedir, and
nobody's home dir is /nonexistent and thus it generates this error. I am
already using -cwd and -o /tmp/x.out and -e /tmp/x.out options

Any  suggestions?

Thank you
--Jinal