[GE users] How to clear internal hostname cache?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Mar 22 04:03:41 GMT 2006


    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

We need to know the file names.  Not what's in the files.  I don't think 
grep will capture the name of the file as matching the pattern unless you

	find ./ | grep -i "network-0-0"

at the /opt/sge directory

Kim Leng Goh wrote:
> I used recursive grep:
> 
> On 3/22/06, Joe Landman <landman at scalableinformatics.com> wrote:
> [...]
> 
>>Ok, I think there are other things you need to look for.
>>
>>        cd /opt/sge/default/common/local_conf
>>
>>and look for network-0-0.local
>>
>>and what about
>>
>>        cd /opt/sge/default/common/history/exechosts
>>
>>and look for a network-0-0.local subdirectory.
>>
>>What about looking in
>>
>>        cd /opt/sge/default/spool
>>
>>do you see a network-0-0.local ?
> 
> 
> 
> [root at frontend gridengine]# pwd
> /opt/gridengine
> [root at frontend gridengine]# grep -ir network-0-0 *
> default/spool/qmaster/messages:Tue Mar 14 20:26:45
> 2006|qmaster|frontend|E|denied: queue "network-0-0.q" does not exist
> default/spool/qmaster/messages:Tue Mar 14 20:26:45
> 2006|qmaster|frontend|E|denied: execution host "network-0-0.local"
> does not exist
> default/spool/qmaster/messages:Tue Mar 14 20:26:45
> 2006|qmaster|frontend|E|denied: execution host "network-0-0.local"
> does not exist
> default/spool/qmaster/messages:Tue Mar 14 20:26:45
> 2006|qmaster|frontend|E|denied: administrative host
> "network-0-0.local" does not exist
> default/spool/qmaster/messages:Tue Mar 14 20:26:45
> 2006|qmaster|frontend|E|denied: administrative host
> "network-0-0.local" does not exist
> default/spool/qmaster/messages:Tue Mar 14 20:40:16
> 2006|qmaster|frontend|E|denied: host "network-0-0.local" is neither
> submit nor admin host
> default/spool/qmaster/messages:Tue Mar 14 20:40:16
> 2006|qmaster|frontend|E|denied: host "network-0-0.local" is neither
> submit nor admin host
> default/spool/qmaster/messages:Tue Mar 14 20:40:16
> 2006|qmaster|frontend|E|denied: host "network-0-0.local" is neither
> submit nor admin host
> ... (repeat)
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

-- 
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics LLC,
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com
web  : http://www.scalableinformatics.com
phone: +1 734 786 8423
fax  : +1 734 786 8452
cell : +1 734 612 4615

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net




More information about the gridengine-users mailing list