[GE users] running sge jobs as user "nobody:

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 22 10:17:16 GMT 2006

Hi Jinal,

I'm not sure, but the qsub error you describe could be an outcome
of function reroot_path() being used by cull_parse_job_parameter().
Both functions can be found in

   http://gridengine.sunsource.net/source/browse/gridengine/source/common/parse_job_cull.c?view=markup

the reroot_path() is used to make sure the -cwd path returned by
getcwd() is a decent path without any shortcuts due to symbolic
links.

My uncertainness is due to reroot_path() does chdir() though,
but it should not fail in your case. Can you run qsub in monitoring
mode

   # source $SGE_ROOT/util/dl.csh
   # dl 2
   # qsub -cwd script.sh

to figure out where the chdir() error is thrown?

Regards,
Andreas