[GE users] GSSAPI and deleting credentials

Duc Bao Ta ta at physik.uni-bonn.de
Wed Mar 22 15:16:40 GMT 2006

Hallo,

I have spotted a problem with the deletion of the GSSAPI credentials.
The known problem is that by default "delete credentials" only deletes
krb5cc_qmaster files which reside on the qmaster machine, whereas the
credentials on the execution host is named krb5cc_sge.
The other problem is that when sending a job array the krb5cc_qmaster
file on the qmaster host is deleted when the first job of the array is
completed, causing the following jobs to crash since there is no
credential file anymore.
Additionally the credential file on the execution host has the same name
for all jobs of the same job-array (namely krb5cc_sge_$JOB_ID).

I'm still using sge5.3p6. Has anyone found a good solution for that
problem? I found a mail saying that on should change all names (in the
source code) to krb5cc_sge, but this would help point no1, but still
leaves me with point no 2. On the other hand removing all "delete
credentials" code would be a security risk, since uneeded credential
files would lie around in /tmp.

Thanks
Duc