[GE users] running sge jobs as user "nobody:

Brooks Davis brooks at aero.org
Wed Mar 22 16:44:57 GMT 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 06:25:33PM -0800, Jinal Jhaveri wrote:
> Hi Rayson,
>
> The job that I am trying to run is a web blast job. Apache server that
> we are using runs as user nobody.  So yes, I need to submit jobs as user
> nobody. I am open to any other alternatives people have used? Cron jobs
> would be one way of doing it I guess.

Not really related to your question, but I strongly recommend adjusting
your web server to run as a dedicated user.  If you use NFS it is
potentially very dangerous for there to be anything that only nobody can
use because it defeats the mapping of root and other restricted users to
nobody.

-- Brooks