[GE users] SGE 6.0u6 : Pb w/ job priority ...

TRAN Chanh chanh.tran at dassault-aviation.fr
Thu Mar 23 17:56:05 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I'm using SGE 6.0u6 & my question is how to have things setup so I can
get the following behavior :

1. All jobs belonging to differents users (w/ equal priority) must be
strictly in FIFO order,
2. Possibility for 'admin/operator' to change a job priority.

I've tried  to set up things according to the 'doc' & 've to say this
'priority stuff' works in such a weird way like :
- some jobs have a priority value (> 0) & others w/ value = 0,
- the order is not FIFO,
- the priority of those jobs w/ value = 0 cannot be changed or the
change is never effective !!!

Big thanks in advance for any help,
Chanh