[GE users] job dependency

McCalla, Mac macmccalla at hess.com
Thu Mar 23 19:03:05 GMT 2006

Hi,

The -hold_jid  condition is fulfilled when the predecessor job(s) is
completed.  Job completion
codes (your script exit code/your program return/exit code) recognized
by sge are documented in
the Administrator's Guide, Chapter 8, Table 8-1.  When you kill the
job1, unless your script or binary traps the SIGKILL and causes an exit
with return code set to 99 or 100, the sge will consider
the termination successful completion and remove that dependency from
successor jobs (in your case job2).

One way to do this would be to simply have a wrapper script for myjob1
that submits myjob2 if
the myjob1 returns successfully.

HTH

Mac McCalla