[GE users] SGE forgetting about users?

Iwona Sakrejda isakrejda at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 24 05:40:11 GMT 2006

Hi,

Recently I had to move my SGE installation from a local filesystem to
a GPFS one. Since the move it started behaving oddly. I have an "auto"
option turned on and looks like SGE just redefined some users.
Also once group definitions got corrupted. Is it a known problem?

Also I saw for example a user definition in the qmastter spool/users
subdirectory, but SGE insisted the user did not exist. I had to add
that user again and then his file got recreated.

Has anybody run into similar problems?

Do you have any suggestions how to deal with it?

Iwona