[GE users] prevent users from executing jobs on nodes except via sungrid

Jerry Mersel jerry.mersel at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Mar 27 10:37:44 BST 2006

I thought after setting up tight integration everything was working,
but I was mistaken.

When I run a parallel job with MPICH I still get errors in the stderr
output file such as:

Child xxx exited without finalize.

If I allow for the user to login without password on the other nodes
it works. But I only want root to log into the other nodes.

Here is the PE setup:

pe_name           mpi
slots             999
user_lists        NONE
xuser_lists       NONE
start_proc_args   /home/mlmersel/mpi/startmpi.sh -catch_rsh $pe_hostfile
stop_proc_args    /home/mlmersel/mpi/stopmpi.sh
allocation_rule   $round_robin
control_slaves    TRUE
job_is_first_task FALSE
urgency_slots     min

# ---------------------------
# our name
#$ -N MPI_Job
#
# pe request
#$ -pe mpi 2-8
#
# MPIR_HOME from submitting environment
#$ -v MPIR_HOME
# ---------------------------

Here is the script:

#
# needs in
#   $NSLOTS
#       the number of tasks to be used
#   $TMPDIR/machines
#       a valid machine file to be passed to mpirun

echo "Got $NSLOTS slots."

/usr/voltaire/mpi/bin/mpirun_ssh -np 2 -hostfile $TMPDIR/machines
/usr/voltaire/mpi/bin/cpi

I usually load it using qmon with pe mpi 2-8.

I'm not sure on how to solve this so any help will be of benefit.

                              Thanks,
                                 Jerry