[GE users] Multiple queues with the same PE on a host

Andrew Beresford a.j.beresford at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 10:56:06 BST 2006

I have a gridengine config where we have hosts with two differently
configured queues with an openmp PE on the hosts.

We have some hosts with four CPUs (and hence four slots) and some with
two CPUs (and two slots).

However, if a user submits a job to use four slots in the OpenMP PE (ie,
they don't specify a queue explicitly) SGE sometimes allocates the job
to a two CPU node, taking two slots from each queue.

Is there any way to stop gridengine allocating slots to different queues
for any single job without the user having to specify a queue by hand?

Cheers,

Andrew

    [ Part 2, "This is a digitally signed message part" ]
    [ Application/PGP-SIGNATURE (Name: "signature.asc") 198 bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]