[GE users] How to know the current value of the load suspend thresholds?

Goncalo Borges goncalo at lip.pt
Mon Mar 27 11:08:12 BST 2006

Dear All,
I'm implementing some load/suspend thresholds in a given queue using
complex variables such as mem_free or np_load_avg.

When the queue is in alarm state, you can access the current mem_free
or np_load_avg values of the queue instance doing "qstat -explain a" :

queuename                      qtype used/tot. load_avg arch          states
amslip at lflip16.lip.pt          BIP   1/1       0.11     lx24-x86      a
        alarm hl:np_load_avg=0.110000 load-threshold=4.00
        alarm hl:mem_free=33.023438M load-threshold=100M
    371 0.55500 test4.sh   barao        r     03/27/2006 10:42:41     1

I would like to access the mem_free and np_load_avg values even before the
queue instance enters in alarm state. Is it possible? How?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Goncalo