[GE users] job was rejected cause it can't be written: Bad address

Mon Mar 27 16:24:34 BST 2006

Krzysztof,

What exactly do you mean that the qmaster is shut down?  When a binary
job is submitted as a script, the job should just fail, but the queue
and qmaster shouldn't be affected.

Honestly, looking at the output you sent, the problem appears to be
something more than incorrectly submitting binary jobs.  Can you submit
a script successfully, i.e. qsub $SGE_ROOT/examples/jobs/sleeper.sh?

Daniel

>On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 12:12 -0500, Rayson Ho wrote:
>> Submitting with "-b y" won't DoS your cluster because the binary is
>> not transferred to the qmaster, only the path is recorded... IIRC :)
>>
>> Rayson
>
>No, what I meant was that submitting without -b y will DoS the cluster,
>because qmaster is shut down.
>
>KW

*         Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749           *
*        Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine          *
* "What's the sense in never thinkin' 'bout the tomb *
*  When you're much too busy returning to the womb?" *
*                  -They Might Be Giants             *