[GE users] Having only one "default queue"

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 29 06:49:00 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 28.03.2006 um 22:42 schrieb Matt Phelps:

> Forgive the newbie question:
>
> I've just upgraded a ROCKS cluster so now it's using GE 6.0u6 (Linux
> CentOS 4.1 on AMD Opteron based Sun V20zs)
>

> By default it creates all.q which uses all compute nodes, that's fine.
>
> I cloned that queue, named it longq, and just modified the nice
> value to
> be 19. I want to make this queue only accessible to those who
> explicitly
> ask for it with the "-q longq" parameter. Right now, if all.q is
> full, and
> someone simply does a "qsub script.sh" without specifying a queue,
> it'll
> go into longq. I don't want that to happen; I want it to wait for a
> slot in
> all.q to open up.

easiest way to achive this is to define a boolean complex, set it as
forced and attach it to the longq (only). For the job it must be
requested with "-l long" (if you name the complex long). Only jobs
requesting this complex can run in longq, and jobs requesting long
can only run in longq.

No default request is necessary at all this way.

HTH - Reuti