[GE users] Suspend/Resume with MPICH-GM

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 29 10:35:54 BST 2006

Hi Andrew,

as pointed out by Reuti, task based suspension is not supported
for parallel jobs. Yet there is a chance to suspend the job as a
whole based on suspend_method/resume_method in queue_conf(5) that
are run on the jobs master node. That means if you can somehow
halt/continue Fluent run e.g. by creating/removing some special file
or something near that, you could implement job based suspension.

Regards,
Andreas