[GE users] sge6 queue_conf slots parameter

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Wed Mar 29 19:13:30 BST 2006

    [ The following text is in the "windows-1251" character set. ]

1) I have homogenous set of dual-cpu's nodes in a cluster, and need
to run exactly pairs of jobs per each cluster node - of course, if I
have enough jobs for all the nodes/queue instances :-)
I.e. all the jobs are not parallelized (single processors) and I
assume that every job "eats" all the resources of *one* CPU of any
pair.

2)I've installed SGE-6.0u7 w/a lot of defaults, so I have all.q queue
w/following slots parameter:

slots   1,[exec_hostname=2][,exec_hostname=2] ...
(the same for all the execution host names).

a)Sorry, what means digits 2 here (there was no like slots
subparameters in sge-5.3) ?

b) is it enough for my target  - simple to change the value "1" to "2"
in this slots parameter definition ?

(all the other queue_conf parameters have standard values assigned at
installation script run, i.e. load_thresholds  np_load_avg=1.75 etc).

Thanks for your help,
Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry
Moscow