[GE users] Hold vs Suspend

Wed Mar 29 19:55:19 BST 2006

Hai,

"Hold" prevents a job from being scheduled, but doesn't affect a running
job.  "Suspend" stops a running job, just like pressing CTRL-Z from a
terminal.

Daniel

Hai Nguyen wrote On 03/29/06 20:44,:

>Hi guys,
>
>Thanks for all the replies thus far, you guys have been super helpful..
>
>I have another noobie question, I can't seem to locate the answer in the
>documentation.
>
>What is the difference between hold and suspend?
>How do they affect resources, queues, and if other jobs can be ran on that
>node or not?
>
>Thanks,
>Hai

*         Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749           *
*        Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine          *
* "What's the sense in never thinkin' 'bout the tomb *
*  When you're much too busy returning to the womb?" *
*                  -They Might Be Giants             *