[GE users] prevent users from executing jobs on nodes except via sungrid

Jerry Mersel jerry.mersel at weizmann.ac.il
Wed Mar 29 21:23:40 BST 2006

Thank you for your quick reply.

I think I need someone to help me to walk through this problem of mine.
If anyone can do that I would really appreciate it.

Here's the problem:

  I want to run parallel applications using mpich (we have a voltaire
infiniband switch), I want to avoid using <home>/.ssh/authorized_keys2
or <home>/.rhosts. To do that I was told that I would have to use
"tight integration" between MPICH and SGE. I was also told that SGE does
not support tight integration with ssh so I would have to use rsh.
That's fine by me.

I tried the examples, set up the PE accordingly, but nothing seems to help.

Please, oh please walk me through this.

                                      Regards,
                                         Jerry