[GE users] prevent users from executing jobs on nodes except via sungrid

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 29 22:30:53 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 29.03.2006 um 22:23 schrieb Jerry Mersel:

> Thank you for your quick reply.
>
> I think I need someone to help me to walk through this problem of
> mine.
> If anyone can do that I would really appreciate it.
>
> Here's the problem:
>
>   I want to run parallel applications using mpich (we have a voltaire
> infiniband switch), I want to avoid using <home>/.ssh/authorized_keys2
> or <home>/.rhosts. To do that I was told that I would have to use
> "tight integration" between MPICH and SGE. I was also told that SGE
> does
> not support tight integration with ssh so I would have to use rsh.
> That's fine by me.

the rsh is still a private daemon of SGE in the tight integration.
You don't need any running daemon for it in the system.

> I tried the examples, set up the PE accordingly, but nothing seems
> to help.

What is your setup of the defined queues and PEs? You looked into the
$SGE_ROOT/mpi directory? Could you also first try it with a
conventional ethernet connection instead of Infiniband?

-- Reuti