[GE users] load scaling and usage scaling

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 30 10:16:25 BST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, davide cittaro wrote:

> Hi pals, what are load and usage scaling values I can set for
> execution hosts? How can I use them?

Load values is a means to make the scheduler aware of information
about utilization/availability of resources that are not (entirely)
under control of Grid Engine. There are host based and global load
values.

Usage scaling is a means to scale job related resource usage
information. It can become necessary if share tree based scheduling
is used.

> Also, where I can find a detailed description of all parameters I can set?

   http://gridengine.sunsource.net/documentation.html

Information about parameters usually can be found in man page section 5.
Yet for an introduction of the concepts the Admin guide is better.

Regards,
Andreas