[GE users] Migrating To New Domain

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 30 10:38:56 BST 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Michael Coffman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My company is in the process of changing IP and Domain name space.  I have
> an SGE cluster 6.0u3 with about 100 exec hosts and about 500 submit hosts.
>
> Is there a way I can update all the domain name info in files on the
> system so I don't have to remove and re-add all the systems?   Any
> tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ouhhm!

If you use text file based classic spooling, part of it might be achievable
with sed(1) scripts. With BDB spooling something similar might be doable
based on $SGE_ROOT/util/<arch>/spooledit utility, but I never used it.

Also maybe backup/restore

   # inst_sge -bup
   # inst_sge -rst

are of help for you.