[GE users] load scaling and usage scaling

davide cittaro daweonline at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 14:22:24 BST 2006

Hi Andreas
On 3/30/06, Andreas Haas <Andreas.Haas at sun.com> wrote:
> I see, you don't like our documenation ;-)

Well, it was useful when I installed on 10 identical machines, used by
4-6 people... Now I would like to try a more complex configuration on
different machines used by dozen of people and I would like to
understand how can I configure each machine/queue/whatever to make
sure that nobody complains :-)
Seriously, chapter 3 of administrator guide is 20 pages long and it
explains complex resources and load parameters all together... there
is a lot about how configure parameters with qmon or qconf, but I
think it lacks a deep explanation of what you are configuring.
You know, I'm pretty young and SGE6 is a tool nobody knew here
before... There is no experience in that so we can only rely on that
documentation and, of course, the mailing list that is a precious
resource

Thanks again, I promise I will read the manual again, again and again!

dawe
--
dawe
http://dawe.ilbello.com