[GE users] How to choose the best host to run jobs?

Goncalo Borges goncalo at lip.pt
Fri Mar 31 10:31:17 BST 2006

Dear All,

In my cluster I have implemented a series of queues which are filled
according to their sequence number. The queue #0 will be filled first
than queue #1 and so on...

Inside each individual queue, the less loaded host is always the
first to execute jobs. Nevertheless, I would like to use other kind of
criteria. For example, I would like that the fastest cpus would be used
first, independent of their load.... or that the machines with more memory
would be used first... and so on....
Can this be implemented? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance
Cheers