[GE users] How to choose the best host to run jobs?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Mar 31 10:51:22 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 31.03.2006 um 11:31 schrieb Goncalo Borges:

> Dear All,
>
> In my cluster I have implemented a series of queues which are filled
> according to their sequence number. The queue #0 will be filled first
> than queue #1 and so on...
>
> Inside each individual queue, the less loaded host is always the
> first to execute jobs. Nevertheless, I would like to use other kind of
> criteria. For example, I would like that the fastest cpus would be
> used
> first, independent of their load.... or that the machines with more
> memory
> would be used first... and so on....
> Can this be implemented? If yes, how?

it should be possible:

a) to have a load-sensor reporting your indiviual sort-order and use
it, after changing the scheduler configuration to use this reported
value instead of the default load

b) attach a integer complex "myorder" to each exec host,  give it a
fixed value there, and use this value in the scheduler configuration
as load_formula.

HTH - Reuti