[GE users] Running MPICH jobs

Duong Ta duongtnb at gmail.com
Tue May 2 08:45:39 BST 2006

Dear Rayson,

After I changed the slots attribute, the output of qstat -f is as follows:

queuename                      qtype used/tot. load_avg arch          states
all.q at viz001.ihpc.a-star.edu.s BIP   0/4       1.03     lx24-amd64
all.q at viz002.ihpc.a-star.edu.s BIP   0/4       1.00     lx24-amd64

Then I am able to run over SGE a tightly-integrated MPI job that requires 4
slots, plus a few more batch jobs at the same time. That means the trick
worked, i.e., the system now has 8 "fake" slots, however, I could not run
MPI jobs requiring more than 4 slots (which is the number of "real" slots in
the system). Any advice?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Duong