[GE users] ssh and accounting

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed May 3 10:26:16 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 03.05.2006 um 11:20 schrieb Goncalo Borges:

> Hi there,
> As it is pointed in the how-to
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/
> qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html
> configuring qrsh and qlogin to use ssh does not provide the correct
> accounting.
>
> My question is the following:
> If in an user script, submitted to sge, the user implements a "pure
> ssh
> command" which contacts other exec host, is the accounting also not
> properly taken in account?

you mean he will bypass SGE completely? Then there will only the main
task of the program be honored in the accounting. I usually disable
rsh completely and use "AllowUsers" in the sshd_config to allow the
use of direct ssh only for admin staff. Well, we use rsh for qrsh,
and maybe with ssh you will need a seconf configuration file, which
accepts login from all users.

-- Reuti