[GE users] SGE and TruCluster

James Chamberlain jamesc at exa.com
Fri May 5 19:46:30 BST 2006

No joy.  sge_execd is still binding to *:536, which prevents it from being
started on any of the other nodes in the TruCluster.  The problem isn't that
we want the qmaster to talk to the execd through a different interface or on
a different IP address, but that we need the execd to not bind to *:536 at
all.  If one node binds to *:536 in a TruCluster environment, that port is
bound to that host across the entire cluster.  Other nodes attempting to bind
to *:536 will fail with EADDRINUSE.  The only way around that I know of is to
bind to the specific IP address of that host.

Also, to note, the default rcsge script does not appear to work on Tru64 5.1:

# /sbin/init.d/rcsge start
    starting sge_execd
SGE 5.3p7
usage: sge_execd [options]
    [-help]                                  print this help
    [-lj log_file]                           write job logging to log file
    [-nostart-commd]                         do not start commd

Thanks,

James