[GE users] SGE and TruCluster

Fred L Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Fri May 5 21:12:27 BST 2006

Hi James,

James Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a way to make sge_execd bind to a specific
> interface? By binding to *:536, sge_execd is picking up the cluster IP
> address in a TruCluster (Tru64 UNIX) environment.  As a result, other
> nodes in the TruCluster say they can't start sge_execd because port 536
> is already in use. For reference, I'm using SGE 5.3p7.

I just had a look at the source, it appears that execd ultimately calls
cl_com_tcp_connection_request_handler_setup(), which in turn binds to
the 'wildcard' address.

source/libs/comm/cl_tcp_framework.c:
int cl_com_tcp_connection_request_handler_setup(...)
    /* bind an address to socket */
    serv_addr.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl(INADDR_ANY);
    if (bind(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *) &serv_addr, ...

So, you will need to file an RFE, or patch it yourself!

Cheers
f.