[GE users] access denied (client IP resolved to host name "". This is not identical to clients host name "")

John Saalwaechter johnsaalwaechter at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 15:11:56 BST 2006

For what it's worth, my qmaster system has this same problem
all the time.  I'd say that more than 50% of the time any
SGE command run from the qmaster results in the error message.
This problem only happens on our qmaster, so I've worked around
it by always using another host to do SGE admin work.

Of note is the fact that this is a SPARC V880 running Solaris 9
and N1GE 6.0u4.  Like Chris, I've checked and rechecked all
DNS and /etc/hosts entries, but I cannot find any problems there.

Chris -- can you explain in more detail your comments below
about /etc/hosts?  My system is not behind any private network,
but we do have a private link on this host for NFS connectivity
to $SGE_ROOT.

Also, when I get the error, it's also accompanied by this:
ERROR: unable to contact qmaster using port 537 on host "xxx"

John

johnsaalwaechter at yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com