[GE users] 5.3p7 SGE intro presentation

Mark Casella mark at exa.com
Mon May 8 20:17:12 BST 2006

Hi All,

	We are putting together a "How to use SGE" session for our users. We
are migrating from NQS (finally!) and in order to prevent rioting we are
going to offer a web conference to all our users to bring everyone up to
speed on the basic usage of SGE.

Has anyone built an "Idiots guide to SGE" ooffice/powerpoint
presentation yet? Pointing our users to man pages is not helpful. It
will generate questions like, "What man?", and "The man pages are not
installed on my windows laptop", etc...

Any suggestions? I was going to start with the contents of sge_intro and
then do common qsub options, this is how qalter works, this is a
parallel environment, how to request resources, etc.

We are making a default runscript template, but users will have to edit
it to some degree and it would be nice if we taught them how to take
advantage of all the functionality provided by SGE.

Thanks in advance, Mark