[GE users] permissions on directories...

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed May 10 18:08:38 BST 2006

Am 10.05.2006 um 11:48 schrieb davide cittaro:

> Okay, now the question: is the directory /opt/sge6/bioinfo/spool/
> alpha2 readable/executable by all users on the execution host(s)? The
> scripts are run directly from this location.
>
> Well, the permissions are 755 and other users (with 775, 771) on
> their homes can run stuff... The users are stored in a LDAP server
> that runs remotely... can be this a problem?

Are you sure that this is the only difference - can you try to change
the permission settings and see the result? My users also have
different protection settings (700 or 755) and I don't face any
problems with this setup.

What Linux are you using? In Debian AFAIK the default is that each
user is his own group, in contrast to SuSE, where all are in one
default group. So, what are the detailed protection settings of opt/
sge6/bioinfo/spool/alpha2? How is your primary/secondary group setup
of your users? I have access to a Debian cluster with an external
LDAP and all is working smoothly.