[GE users] subordinate queue that stays suspended

Bill Knebel billk at metrumrg.com
Thu May 11 13:41:03 BST 2006

I have three nodes out of six in all.q that are subordinate to
bootstrap.q  When jobs are completed on bootstrap.q the three
subordinate nodes in all.q remain in the capital "S" state and do not
accept jobs.    I have tried forcing unsuspend on all.q but grid engine
says the queue is not in the suspend state.   This is a relatively
recent occurrence.  In the past, when jobs completed on bootstrap.q, the
three nodes on all.q that were affected returned to the normal state and
began accepting and running jobs. Any ideas?

Bill

--
Bill Knebel, PharmD, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist