[GE users] qconf -Au fname bug?

Roland Dittel Roland.Dittel at Sun.COM
Thu May 11 13:44:03 BST 2006

Hi Slim,

SLIM H.A. wrote:
> Erik Soyez's comments about the blank at the end of the entry
>
> type       DEPT
>
> is correct.

See Issue 2023 - qconf rejects configuration, when attribute value ends
with a space character. This bug was introduced in 6.0u7.

> Once that is removed the ACL is accepted. But there is
> something strange going on. The new file created by sge again has that
> blank at the end of the line. So the qconf -Au also failed for the new
> file. But sge deamons must be reading these files sometimes internally,
> to set priorities? Why does it work on those situations?

With "new file created by sge" I assume you mean the spooled file in
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster". This file is created and used by the
classic spooling framework. On client side we have an other file parsing
framework called flatfile spooling.

Both frameworks share the same file format but using the same file on
both frameworks it not always possible. The classic spooling file may
contain additional fields needed for saving the internal state.

Roland

> Henk

Roland Dittel               Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-275 (x60275)
Software Engineering        Fax: +49 (0)941 3075-222 (x60222)
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7       mailto:roland.dittel at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg          http://www.sun.com/gridware