[GE users] subordinate queue that stays suspended

Bill Knebel billk at metrumrg.com
Thu May 11 16:31:47 BST 2006

Reuti,

The nodes are dual-cpu Xeons. In all.q each node (14, 15, and 16) is
defined as having 2 slots. The same slot number is defined in the
bootstrap.q for these nodes.  We only want one job running per cpu in
each node at any one time. In the qconf for the bootstrap.q the
"subordinate_list" item is all.q. That is the extent of the subordinate
queue setup.

Our goal is to suspend the use of nodes 14, 15, and 16 in all.q when
jobs are submitted to the bootstrap.q. The bootstrap.q is configured to
only use nodes 14, 15, and 16.

Bill

Reuti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 11.05.2006 um 14:41 schrieb Bill Knebel:
>
>> I have three nodes out of six in all.q that are subordinate to
>> bootstrap.q  When jobs are completed on bootstrap.q the three
>> subordinate nodes in all.q remain in the capital "S" state and do
>> not accept jobs.    I have tried forcing unsuspend on all.q but  grid
>> engine says the queue is not in the suspend state.   This is a
>> relatively recent occurrence.  In the past, when jobs completed on
>> bootstrap.q, the three nodes on all.q that were affected returned  to
>> the normal state and began accepting and running jobs. Any ideas?
>

> are these dual-cpu nodes and how many slots are defined for each
> queue and how many are used? What is the detailed setting for the
> subordinate queue and subordination?
>
> -- Reuti
>
>> Bill
>>
>> --