[GE users] 5.3p7 SGE intro presentation

Mark Casella mark at exa.com
Thu May 11 19:30:40 BST 2006

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the links, I ended up starting from scratch anyway but I got
some good ideas from the posted responses.

We have been using 5.3p6 under the covers for a while and have a lot of
experience with it. We may move to 6.0, but personally I usually wait
until a .1 release of anything and the majority of the kinks are already
worked out. For example, we probably will not use the berkleydb which is
now the default in setup. We are watching the posts carefully and there
seems to still be a few outstanding issues with 6.0

We will install 6.0 on a test cluster and put it through it's paces but
probably not mainline it yet. It will be interesting to see if our issue
with TruCluster goes away with 6.0

Thanks, Mark