[GE users] qrsh question, bash: no job control in this shell

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu May 11 20:47:07 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 11.05.2006 um 17:37 schrieb Kirk Patton:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question regarding qrsh.
>
> If I submit the following script with 'ssh -t',
> it works fine.  If I submit with qrsh, which uses
> 'ssh -t', I get a warning that the shell has no
> job control. "bash: no job control in this shell"

I wonder, why you submit a script to create an interacitve shell,
instead of using a direct qrsh. I can only reproduce this behavior
(but on Linux), if I start the shell with

/bin/bash -i

to force an interactive shell, maybe this is the (compiled in)
default on Solaris. Which bash version is it - can you try to compile
it on your own from gnu.org?

Also on the Solaris system I have access to, I dont get this error
while rsh for using qrsh.

-- Reuti