[GE users] dynamic execution nodes recognition

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed May 17 13:02:26 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 13:41 +0200, Reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what do you want to achieve in detail - maybe I didn't got the
> problem? I mean, you could define some hundred nodes in advance in
> SGE, and as long as they are not available they will not be honored
> by SGE for scheduling. If they appear, they will be used.
I agree with this.
Also it might be worth setting the max_unheard time to be lower than the
default 150 seconds.
Okay - max_unheard is the timout for nodes which go down, I don't think
it helps the qmaster recognise nodes which come up any quicker.
But it might help in a dynamic environment like this?