[GE users] dynamic execution nodes recognition

Krzysztof Wilk chris at gridwisetech.com
Wed May 17 13:17:38 BST 2006

    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-2" character set. ]

>>what do you want to achieve in detail - maybe I didn't got the
>>problem? I mean, you could define some hundred nodes in advance in
>>SGE, and as long as they are not available they will not be honored
>>by SGE for scheduling. If they appear, they will be used.
>
> I agree with this.
> Also it might be worth setting the max_unheard time to be lower than the
> default 150 seconds.
> Okay - max_unheard is the timout for nodes which go down, I don't think
> it helps the qmaster recognise nodes which come up any quicker.
> But it might help in a dynamic environment like this?

Thanks for these pieces of advice.

Let suppose my execution nodes belong to a C class (65,536 addresses).
Is it feasible to add them all to one hostgroup? Are the nodes that are
not in any hostgroup totally ignored by scheduler?

Best,
Chris
Chris Wilk                            chris.wilk at gridwisetech.com
Consultant

GridwiseTech                          office/fax: +48 12 294 71 20