[GE users] -sync y option for SGE 6 / 5.3

Patrice Seyed apseyed at bu.edu
Wed May 17 14:05:20 BST 2006

Basically i need what is equivalent to the following in LSF:

bsub -K -o lsf_log.txt

       The -K flag instructs the bsub command to wait for the job to
complete before returning.

I was referred to the -sync y option, but i am guessing that is a SGE 6
feature. So I need to emulate this somehow in 5.3. qevent looked like a
good fit. however now that i look at it i would still need a way to
extract the $JOB_ID after the initial qsub...

-Patrice