[GE users] Newbie: @group and fractional usage

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Wed May 17 14:35:41 BST 2006

David Kulp wrote:
> I have two questions as a new grid engine user.
>
> First, I'm running on linux and attempts to create a userlist with  the
> @unixgroup notation doesn't seem to work.  qmon accepts it, but
> subsequent commands don't recognize it.  For example, I added  "@group"
> to the deadlineusers userset, but when I try to submit  deadline jobs I
> get an error 'job rejected: the user "dkulp" is no  deadline initiation
> user'.  Deadline job submission only works when I  add my explicit
> username in the deadlineusers userset.  But I don't  want to do that for
> every new user.

When you run 'qconf -sconf', look under execd_params.  Is 'USE_QSUB_GID'
set?   If its not set, SGE looks at whatever group is defined for your
using in /etc/passwd (or nis or ldap, or whatever you're using).  If the
option is set to true, then SGE looks at your active group when you run
qsub to determine your group.   SGE never looks at any of the other
groups you might be in.