[GE users] -sync y option for SGE 6 / 5.3

Patrice Seyed apseyed at bu.edu
Wed May 17 15:25:36 BST 2006

Yes,
could use -o <filename>, and then echo $JOBID in the first line of the
script, sleep a certain about of time for the echo to execute and output
to filename, and then grep/awk that output file for the $JOBID, before
executing the qevent...anything cleaner feel free to reply.

Rayson Ho wrote:
> There are many ways to get the job id... the simplest way is to
> redirect the output to a file, and then use awk/sed to get the
> numerical value...
>
> Rayson
>

> On 5/17/06, Patrice Seyed <apseyed at bu.edu> wrote:
>> So I need to emulate this somehow in 5.3. qevent looked like a
>> good fit. however now that i look at it i would still need a way to
>> extract the $JOB_ID after the initial qsub...
>>
>> -Patrice

Patrice Seyed
Linux System Administrator - LinGA
RHCE, SCSA