[GE users] -sync y option for SGE 6 / 5.3

Patrice Seyed apseyed at bu.edu
Wed May 17 15:57:00 BST 2006

I see what you mean, the one liner after qsub is run.

$ cat qsub-wait.sh
cat > qsub-wait <<-EOF
     JOBID=\`qsub \$1 | awk '{print $3}'\`
    # qevent -j \$JOBID
EOF

thx Rayson

I will try to compile with the source rpm i have for the patch level we
are using.
Otherwise, is there a place I may wget the tarball for the latest 5.3 or
closest to 5.3p5-1.

Thanks. -P

Rayson Ho wrote:
> Oh, qsub's -o option is to define the job's output... to redirect the
> qsub stdout/stderr, use your shell's facility like ">".
>
> Rayson
>

> On 5/17/06, Patrice Seyed <apseyed at bu.edu> wrote:
>> Yes,
>> could use -o <filename>, and then echo $JOBID in the first line of the
>> script, sleep a certain about of time for the echo to execute and output
>> to filename, and then grep/awk that output file for the $JOBID, before
>> executing the qevent...anything cleaner feel free to reply.
>>
>> Rayson Ho wrote:
>> > There are many ways to get the job id... the simplest way is to
>> > redirect the output to a file, and then use awk/sed to get the
>> > numerical value...

Patrice Seyed
Linux System Administrator - LinGA
RHCE, SCSA