[GE users] Are complexes are rather complicated or is it me?

CARTER-HITCHIN, David, GBM David.CARTER-HITCHIN at rbos.com
Wed May 17 16:35:22 BST 2006

Hi,

Using SGE 5.3p2

I've been around the man pages and admin guide a couple of times and I just
can't figure this out, so I'm asking for some guidance here.

I'm trying to add a complex attribute to distinguish our linux boxes from
each other.  One of the distinguishing factors in the thread library in use
('linux' or 'nptl').  I've tried adding this in a couple of ways, but can't
seem to make qsub work with the attribute.  I've added:

qf:arch=nptl
hv:threadlib=nptl

(I'd actually like to get rid of the first one, but haven't been able to do
so with the GUI).  When I do:

qsub -m beas -l threadlib=nptl simple.sh

It submits simple.sh onto anyone of our hosts.  Looking at the queue
attributes with qstat -F, I can see ALL my queues have this attribute set to
nptl, even though as a default I set that to 'linux'!

Can anyone shed light on what I'm doing wrong?  If I've simply missed a
vital paragraph in the manuals, then forgive me.

Thanks,

David Carter-Hitchin.
--
Royal Bank of Scotland
Interest Rate Derivatives IT

Tel: +44 (0) 207 085 1088

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
Authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The Royal
Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
Visit our websites at:
http://www.rbos.com
http://www.rbsmarkets.com