[GE users] suspension under MPICH2 tight integration

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu May 18 14:08:53 BST 2006

Am 18.05.2006 um 01:20 schrieb Jason Crane:

<snip>

> Hi,
>
> I don't know the specific MPICH2 job suspension requirements just yet.
> However, the trouble is that I would like to be able to suspend an MPI
> job on a subordinate queue if a batch job on a higher priority
> queue is
> submitted, but the batch job may be running on an arbitrary node, not
> necessarily the master node for the subordinate PE job.  In this
> case if

Instead of suspending the complete job, maybe it's easier to submit
the MPI jobs to a queue which have a queue priority (i.e. nice value)
of 19, and other jobs to queue with a priority of 0. So the MPI job
will get less computing time, and you don't have worry about any
suspension mechanism at all.