[GE users] Linux DRMAA library dependencies

Piotr Domagalski szalik at szalik.net
Fri May 19 15:14:00 BST 2006

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-2" character set. ]

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 11:32:36AM +0200, Andreas Haas wrote:
> Just imagine you write a DRMAA application with Grid Engine
> libdrmaa and then you want to deploy it with Condor libdrmaa.
> Wouldn't you be curious, if you then had to install the SSL
> libraries required by Grid Engine of a particular version

So you're dlopen()ing your own supplied OpenSSL version, right?

> Hope this answers your question.

Not really... I was just wondering, why you're not linking libdrmaa.so
with libdl.so. On my FreeBSD box it's fine, because dlopen is in libc,
but when I'm using SGE and drmaa on Linux, I'm forced to link my
application with libdl.so...

--
Piotr Domagalski